Cold sores, also known as fever blisters or cold sores, are painful viral infections of the skin that appears as tiny painful red blisters that break easily.
They are often associated with fever and if you have them you know that it’s not something to be taken lightly. These blisters are commonly referred to as fever blisters or cold sores and they may also appear on your lips, tongue, inside of your cheeks and around your roof of the mouth. If you experience one of these blisters then it is best to immediately seek treatment from a medical professional to avoid infection.
A cold sore on lip can be a real pain, however with some simple home remedies and understanding you will be able to get over the pain and discomfort. Here are some cold sore on lip remedies to help you get through the soreness and get back to your normal self:
* Add a few drops of lemon juice into a warm bath and soak in for about 15 minutes. Repeat a few times every day until the cold sore disappears. To prevent an outbreak, you may want to do this daily and add more lemon juice as needed. This is a great treatment for cold sores on the lip.
* Mix together a tablespoon of garlic powder and a half a teaspoon of salt. Then use the mixture to make up a paste with the garlic powder and a couple drops of tea tree oil.
You can apply this paste to the infected area to relieve the pain of the blister and get rid of it. Repeat this several times a day to keep the blister from developing and to prevent new ones from forming.
* Take a hot shower and then put a dab of petroleum jelly on each blister to absorb the moisture. If this doesn’t work then put a hot compress on your lips and apply a little yogurt to the affected area. If the yogurt doesn’t work put some ice on top of the yogurt and then repeat this process until you have the blister dried up. If the blister doesn’t heal, you may need to see a doctor to get a prescription for antibiotics or topical cream to help heal the blister.
* Try apple cider vinegar on the sore and leave on for a few days, this helps in a lot of ways. It helps to clear away the sore from bacteria and it also soothes the irritation. If the sore does heal then you may find that your body needs more of this vinegar since it will help kill any bacterial germs that may be growing inside of the mouth.
* Put on an ice pack and then massage on the area. This will help reduce swelling and help to ease the pain. If the blister doesn’t heal then repeat this process as many times as necessary until the pain is relieved.
Cold sores on the lip aren’t something to take lightly so don’t worry if you experience them.
They can be annoying but there are many options out there for you to use to treat and prevent another outbreak from occurring. They can be a bit embarrassing but with some treatment you can be back to your old self soon.
One thing that I found works very well to stop cold sores on the lip is the vitamin E. This vitamin helps to reduce inflammation and this is a major part of what causes these sores in the first place. It also helps your body to heal itself from infection. By taking this vitamin you will help fight off the bacteria that cause these sores as well as the bacteria that causes other types of sore outbreaks like to occur in other parts of your body.
* If you decide that the vitamin E doesn’t work and you still want to try something else to stop cold sores on the lip then you might want to try some of the home remedies available. you can find vitamin E capsules that you can purchase at your local drug store or even buy vitamin E in capsule form from an online website.
* You can also make a simple oatmeal paste by putting in a tablespoon of honey and a cup of warm water. This can be spread on the area to help soothe the pain. The oatmeal will also help to kill the bacteria in the sore and the warm water can help to get rid of any irritation as well. This should be done about once a day over a period of time.